Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Tourist in my Own Back Yard









I have been on vacation for the past two weeks. I thought maybe we would ride our motorbikes to Florida - that would be about a 3 day ride down, a few days there and a three day ride back. Naaa, too far. Then I thought that maybe we would go to Pennsylvania.....naaa, been there, done that many, many times. Finally, I had an idea - why not go to Niagara Falls. You see, we never go there because we live here. People from all over the world travel here, but the locals go elsewhere.

On Day One, I walked 4 miles, down by the falls and up and down the famous Clifton Hill where all of the wax museums, haunted houses, etc. are located.

On Day Two, I walked 6 miles - past the falls and along the river gorge until my feet were telling me it was time to turn around.

In the end, even for a local, you cannot see Niagara Falls in only two days. You need a week. However, if any of you should happen to wander this way, I would be glad to be your tourist guide.
(Note - double click on the pictures)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tim,
    Beautiful pictures. No need to go elswhere if you have this in your back yard! And here in Holland we think this is a special destination for honeymooners!
    And the double click dit it!

    ReplyDelete