Monday, July 19, 2010

Going to the Chapel.....going to get Married......


On Saturday my wife and I travelled to London, Ontario as our oldest nephew was getting married. London is a little bit more than 2 hours from where we live. They got married in St Peters Church, which is the largest and possibly one of the oldest churches in the area
.









They had awesome stained glass windows there












This is me studying the hymn book prior to the ceremony




It was very hot with temperatures around 35C and in the neighbourhood of 100F for our American friends. There was no air conditioning inside of the church and the varnish on the pews actually was coming off onto the people's clothing. It was one of the shortest Catholic weddings I have been to, with the ceremony lasting only about 35 minutes.












The reception was held at a very nice hall with a very nice meal and free drinks - what more could one ask for?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,
    Photos of St Jean, Pyrenees etc now on my blog, on the page called 'Where does the Camino go?' and I have thanked you there, too.
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete