Sunday, August 1, 2010

They'll be coming around the corner when they come.....



The annual Price of Wales Horse race was held in my home town a few weeks ago. They normally race every Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday for purses reaching $30,000 of which the winner gets 60%. For this race, which is the second race in the Canadian Triple Crown, the purse is $500,000. For the first leg of the Crown ran in Toronto, called the Queen's Plate, Queen Elizabeth herself was there this year to witness it. You can see above that the ladies dress in their finest horse racing dresses :)



The crowds were very large and millions of dollars were bet, both in person and via the Internet.



The trumpet guy was discussing with a Canadian Mountie what would happen to him if he got his notes wrong!!!!
I bet on #4 here to win, but #3 did not know and won instead :(


11 comments:

  1. When did you say they'd be coming around the corner?? (LOL) Am I the only one who can see only the title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent over an hour posting the pictures, but then it crashed and I lost all of them. Have not reposted yet but I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, cool. I was beginning to think I was losing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tim! Been very busy and went on holiday to France. But today I have been reading about all your adventures. Very curious what this title means.....
    Greetings from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but wondering, What IS Tim up to now???

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, curious minds are wondering...where's the beef?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so funny....I leave a blank post and get the most comments ever!!!!!

    I will do it now....sorry for procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you see, that some people are following you, and wondering for 3 weeks what you are going to write.
    Is this event the same as The Ascott Race in England, where there is a competition who has the most beautiful hat? Are you still using your walking boots?
    Many greetings from a rainy, windy Holland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hedwig,

    I have switched to running shoes. Top line Nikes. And have switched back to normal sport socks. For now anyways. Today I walked/jogged 3 miles. I have been hit and miss for my walking this summer - hoping to pick up the pace in the fall. Then if everything goes ok, who knows.......maybe 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heej Tim,

    Nikes sounds good. Maybe 2011....sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete