Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunny, Sunny month of May......I mean April !


The long, long road to training. We had really nice weather this weekend in the Niagara Falls area. Today the temperature got up to 16C or 61F, and yesterday (Saturday) was nice too but not quite as warm. I walked 4.5 miles each day. Sometimes the road seems longer than on other days. Today the inside of my left knee hurt most of the way making the walk seem longer. I am still experimenting with how tight/loose I tie my hiking boots because I am sure this is a circulation issue as opposed to a stress fracture. I am even tempted to switch back to walking in running shoes.



When you are walking alone a lot, you make your own things up to chuckle about. Although I have walked by this sign many times, today I thought, geez, maybe they put it up just for me since there is nothing else out here in the country but me walking!








When I got done walking today, I got out my new riding lawn motor and cut the grass for the first time this year. I needed a riding lawn mower like I need another hole in my head, but hey, you only live once and it is tonnes of fun riding it. My wife says that you can see me smiling from inside of the house when I am on it. I only crashed into the flower bed once!!!

I have been asked by a few of my biker friends to organize some bike trips to the United States for later this Spring and Summer. So I need to start working on that and I can't wait to report the adventures back to you. There is always lots to tell, lol.

Lastly, if you want to write me directly, my e-mail is tim.bilton@yahoo.ca Some of you I know well, and I would like to get to know the others weller (is that a word?). I hope you all have a great week.
Tim

4 comments:

  1. Tim, you're a little further ahead that we are up North! No lawn mowing yet, but John's (my husband) golf course opens next week. We had to take a long hike around it to inspect the whole thing yesterday. I love your lawn mower - looks like fun!
    You bikers are a strange lot, I daresay. In any case, have fun planning your road trips (and training, of course!)

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most courses down here have been open for two weeks now, including the greens.

    When I lived in Thunder Bay, they often did not open the greens until the May 24 weekend - so you had to putt on the winter greens.

    I brought the bike in to work today. It was 2 C when I left home, brrrrrr. It is supposed to be 15C or so later in the day so that should be better.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tim,

    Back to work a punishment? Afcourse not. And the sign you have seen on your way... Maybe it wants to tell you something! Here in Holland the wheather is nice, little chilly in the morning. Love your lawn motor! We have a little garden. looking forward to your next post! Adios Biker Man!!

    Hedwig

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for the running shoes, Tim! I walked the entire Camino in running shoes.... try it! So glad you're still walking!

    ReplyDelete