Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME :)

Not much to report this week. I have been on vacation and have been walking every day even though we have a heat wave and are setting record temperatures every day. I try to get up early and get the walk in before the heat sets in. Mostly I walk 4.5 miles. I did walk 7 miles one day but the issue is a small blister on each heel which will not go away and which prevents me from walking further.


While walking, I was trying to think of something clever to write about - like KKK horses, or a fan that cools an entire city, or coyotes following me as I walk...anything. My only thoughts were that maybe I am becoming just normal - nothing has happened this week. Am I becoming ordinary?


About the only thing that happened is that today, May 27th - I turned 50. Fifty!!! OMG, I guess I am getting old. And here is the proof. My neighbours were very nice about inviting me out to a restaurant for dinner. They took me and my wife to a place called Betty's in a small town on the outskirts of Niagara Falls. I have been by this place many times but have never gone inside. You see, this place is always busy, but busy with old people. People with canes. People with walkers. Men with white hair if any at all and ladies with died pink or blue hair. And now, I am in there too.


I don't feel any different than I did yesterday when I was only 49, but with each day forward, I am further and further along the trail of being 50. I guess now I am old.

8 comments:

  1. Happy B-day Tim. Now forget about it, hop on your bike, and lets go have a beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday Tim! And you know what? You are exactly as old as you want to be. So stay out of Betty's and go somewhere more fun next time!!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tim, hope you have had a nice birthday. And to answer your question: older people in Holland have grey, blond or red hair. With a little help of a hairdresser! Keep on walkin Tim! It will do you good! Many greetings from a 49 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Tim. . . . . and you are not old. Don't you know 50 is the new 40??
    Walking will keep you young, truly. I am 63 and hubby 65 and we are off to walk the Via de la Plata next year. Well . . . that's the plan. 1100+km is far more than we 've ever done, but we have to have goals and dreams.
    Cheers. Carole (from Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole,

    I have been asked why I have not updated my blog. Ever since I turned 50, I have become normal and nothing exciting is happening anymore.

    But that should change soon. Next week I am flying 5 hours to California and then as soon as I get back, I am going on a three day motorbike trip.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tim,

    Looking forward to your new story's. Enjoy California, very warm climate I believe, and your motorbike trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday Tim! I hope you enjoyed your California trip. You need to make it down to Virginia! Cullen and I turned 50 years ago and CaroleH is correct: 50 is the new 40!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Tim! What a lot support on your 50th Birthday.
    I also joined the club of 50 year old people. No problem! Just enjoy and be good to others.
    How was California? Did you enjoy your bike ride?
    And maybe 50 is the new 40!

    ReplyDelete