Sunday, May 9, 2010


I thought for a change I would walk along the Niagara Parkway trail. It is a trail that runs along the Niagara River which divides Canada from the USA. The trail is about 10 minutes from my house. It was a nice sunny day although a bit chilly being only 9 C. I decided to take our Vet. It is a 2003 50th Anniversary Edition model. The ironic thing about Corvettes is that although they look awesome, have tonnes of power, and are fun to drive - you try not to drive them because the more miles on them - the less they are worth. We drove this one 6300 kms last year although I have no idea how that much mileage added up so fast. So far this year, my wife has taken it to work once, and I drove it today. And a couple of trips around the block.

I walked for exactly an hour today. Thirty minutes out and thirty minutes back. It was my first time ever to walk this trail. I have driven my cars along here many times. I have driven my motorbike along here many times. But I have never walked it. I started at a place that I have nick named over the years as the 'Friendly Bench'. It is a place that I sometimes sit in the summer and watch the boats roar by, sometimes with water skiers towing behind them, the ducks and the geese swim by, and watch the occasional fish jump out of the water.


The walk was a very easy one - the scenery and the huge houses along the parkway distracted me from the actual walk - although my knees were letting me know that they were not too happy about the walk. As I came around a bend in the trail, I could not believe what I saw. OMG!!!! Amongst a field of horses, there was one horse belong to a KKK member. I could not believe my eyes. Typically you heard of KKK stories from the southern USA in the old days but not in Ontario! And not in 2010! I know what I seen. The horse still had his white hood over his head, likely from a ride the night before! I do not know what to say other than it is amazing what you find when you are out on these walks.










Tim

2 comments:

  1. Tim you silly ass those are blinders not a KKK hood! This is Canada not the South!

    ReplyDelete