Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm Leaving......on a Jet Plane......


I will be leaving for Toronto within the next hour or so. I have everything packed, all the loose ends tied up, and other than being tired, I am ready to go.

But before I do, I want to thank some people. I want to thank the folks out in the Internet world for all of their great support and especially for putting up with my silly questions about what to wear, customs regarding tipping, border crossings, how to get there, etc., etc., and more etc.

I want to thank my neighbours for all of their kind support. Some have actually been calling me at home today to offer their blessings. Even the nice folks at the Post Office wished me well and are anxious to see pictures when I get back.

The folks at work have been very supportive. Kind words of encouragement from everyone. Tonnes of travelling tips from Cheryl and links to everything; phone numbers from Andre, prayers from others, and especially thanks to my Manager - although we are at year-end, have some huge issues going on, and are as busy as heck, she wishes me well and has not complained once about me going.

Lastly, I need to thank my wife. She has supported me 100% in this endeavour, even although she thinks, and perhaps knows, that I am nuts. She has to hold the fort down while I am gone, and carry on with life while I get to go to la-la land. Teresa, thank you very much, I miss you already and I have not even left yet, and I love you very much.

So off I go. Thank you all :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow..you are really on your way now! Enjoy it Tim! Be safe!

    Buen Camino!

    Hedwig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Camino, perhaps your wife will accompany you!

    Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete