Saturday, March 20, 2010

In London - soon to be in France

Mar 19 - Got to Toronto airport at 2:30. Could not check in bags until 3:30. I am positive that I brought too much stuff but what can I do now? Went thru security after checking bags in. A young male guard who looked like he could of been a student wanted to frisk me even though I cleared the security without making a beep, and my hand luggage passed as well. The only reason I can think that they were giving me the twice over treatment is because my pants make me look like an international spy!!!!

Mar 20 - Got into London Heathrow Airport at 6:30 am. Found way to bus station after walking thru endless underground tunnels. The bus would not start after it was all loaded with people and luggage. They have interlock controls on all of their buses here and you have to blow into a tube in order to start them. Appears the driver kept getting a FAIL message. So they got the mechanic to over-ride the system. So much for bus safety!!!!

The bus ride to Stanstead airport was 90 minutes with no traffic. The driver must of be intoxicated because he drove on the wrong side of the road all of the way here!!! I will be leaving for France in about an hour or so. I am started to get really tired as I have not slept since waking up Friday morning.

Not sure how often I will be able to post, but whenever I get the opportunity, I will.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Tim. I am reading your postings now.
    Did you take along a camera?
    Will you be able to upload the pics at an internet cafe?
    I am rooting for you bro!

    Biker Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tim,

    Welcome in Europe! As we say so far, so good!

    Greetings from Holland

    Hedwig

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to delete my post because I see you really DID get your pants! HOORAY!

    I laughed when I read your comment about the guy driving on the wrong side of the street! You have a great sense of humor. Hang onto it with your fingers and toes.. it will prove invaluable on the Camino!

    I'm so excited for you, Tim! You're doing a wonderful thing for your mind, spirit, and body!

    I wish there was a way to be notified when there are new posts on these blogs. Does anyone know how to do that?

    In answer to Brian, if you are computer literate enough, and brought the cord that goes from camera to computer I guess you could. You can also have your camera downloaded onto a disk in the larger cities, or put the photos on a flash disk.

    Ok... I look forward to reading your posts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buen Camino, Tim! You're truly on the "Way"! Just take it easy and you'll be fine! You have a pile of people ready to celebrate your success! Post whenever you can...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tim!
    YAY!!Glad you survived the Heathrow-Stansted gauntlet. That was my least favorite part of the trip!
    So happy you and your pants have been united. By the time you read this, you'll likely be on your way with those first exciting days, putting one foot in front of the other as you say to yourself "I'm here! I'm actually walking the Camino!". I really look forward to reading your posts! you've got a great support network, and that includes me. All the best, and my thoughts go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be grabbing at thoes French girls..............E...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tim, Just another fat Canadian wishing you a muy buen camino. I first walked from SJPP to Santiago in 2003 and lost 20 pounds - so when you come back you may have to change your name to Tim-the-skinny- Canadian!!
    Don't be discouraged by day one - over the mountain to Roncesvalles. It is spectacularly beautiful but is also the hardest day. Know that it gets better as you go. I'd love to be on the camino this year but unfortunately it's not going happen so I have to live vicariously. Keep blogging - there are lots of computers along the way.
    Cecelia (the-old-lady-walker-from BC)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tim,
    We are all here at work rooing for you. Andre checks weather where you are every day. We check your blog every morning.
    Take care
    Joy, Andre & Shazina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Tim,
    How are you doing? Gone over to Roncevalles oke? And where are you now? Hope it will be a wonderful experience for you! Be safe, warm, and a buen camino!

    ReplyDelete