Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rain, Rain, and more Rain......and still no pants!!!





All it has done today is rain. I fly out in 6 more days so I was hoping to sneak a walk in today, and one tomorrow. I guess I will be on the recumbent bike tonight watching the Leafs play.

I called the lady in Boston yesterday about the pants since on Wednesday she said she would ship them out same day. She said that there was nothing to worry about - that they were on it and there was a good chance that I would have the pants on Saturday. Saturday has come and gone and still no pants, or even an e-mail with a tracking number. How do you say Grrrrrr! in Spanish?

So like in the last post, I am just gathering my last tidbits of stuff. Found these huge freezer bags at Walmart today which will come in handy as well as baby powder to keep things smelling sweet :)

I am going to finalize our income taxes, set up pre-payments for bills, and basically get things in order. As I woke up from my siesta this afternoon, I can't help but to think that this same time next week I will be arriving in St Jean, trying to get my bearings straight, wondering what I am doing in such a strange land. Lets just hope that I have pants to wear !

8 comments:

  1. It's raining in Toronto as well? This must be a fierce storm! I've returned to the forum after a lengthy hiatus and have signed on to follow your blog, Tim. Best of luck - you will have a wonderful Camino. Remember, each time that you think it is too much, want to give up and go home, just give yourself 24 hours to think about it. And, religious or not, be sure to attend the Pilgrim Mass in Roncesvalles - it is SO worth it! Buen Camino, we are all with you!
    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you're getting used to walking in the rain.. you'll be doing plenty of that! Do you have good raingear?

    I second the Pilgrim's Mass in Roncevalles and any other pilgrim mass you can attend. Some of the best art in Europe is in the small churches along the Way. Stop, even if you are not religious. Oooooo I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodevening Jim,
    A few days, and you will be going on your Camino! I am hoping for you that it is everything you have hoped for... and more! i am at my computer to see how you are doing!!
    Ultreia!
    Greetings from Hedwig from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tim,
    My sister and I hope to be walking the Camino in September/October this year, but we're watching your journey with interest from home here in New Zealand. (I like Deidre's advice about taking 24 hours to make major decisions.) Keep smiling!
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damnit Tim, get some pants. We fly out tomorrow.

    Buen Camino, Cullen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cullen,

    What size are your pants? Can you leave a pair behind at St Jeans for me to wear? Good luck on your flight tomorrow. Please pave the way for me - I will be right behind you.

    Andrea - I read once that you should never quit the walk during the night - sleep on it and see what tomorrow brings.

    Deirdre - I am in Niagara Falls, not Toronto. thanks very much for the kind words.

    Annie - you ask if I have rain gear - I don't even have any pants!!!

    Pa.van.dijk - thanks for the kind words - its comforting knowing that there are pepople rooting for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, I can leave behind a pair of 34 inch waist pair, oh but you are what....never mind, pantless you are. Hey are you still planning on carrying all that vasoline, I may invest in the stock!!

    Seriously, have a good trip and we'll be looking out for you. Buen Camino! Cullen

    ReplyDelete