Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Training – After getting home late from workone night, I had a large supper, had no time for a nap, Leafs game was coming on so I figure I might as well jump on the recumbent bike, at least for an half hour, maybe an hour. It is in my basement in front of a television. Things were going good, felt good and the Leafs were up over the Islanders 2-0 . 15 minutes into the bike ride and ZAP, the power went off....total darkness, no lights, no tv, no leafs.....but after only a couple of seconds.....it comes back on......awesome....wait, off again......comes back on.....oh good.....crap.....off again.....this time to stay off. So what do I do......without missing a beat, I keep on peddling......what else am i going to do???? I check my watch (thankfully it has a light) and it is 8 pm.....so 45 minutes to go. I keep peddling in the total darkness.....after about 20 minutes, my wife who gave up a long time ago wondering if I am sane, came downstairs and left a candle. I never realized before how boring it is on the exercise bike without the TV blaring, radio on, and the dog and cats to watch. I finished the workout, totally soaked from sweat, but I could not weigh myself like I normally do because the candle was not bright enough to show the weight on the scales.

The power came back on after about 2 hours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment